Facebook Twitter Our Blog
Anderson and Associates, P.C.

Free Initial Consultation


Orland Park, IL Post Divorce Judgment Enforcement Lawyer

Homer Glen divorce lawyer

Attorneys Assisting With Enforcing Alimony and Child Support Orders in Tinley Park and Palos Hills

The divorce process can be lengthy and complicated, and it is often full of stress, anxiety, and strong emotions. After working to resolve the legal issues involved in separating what had once been a unified partnership into two separate households, spouses are likely ready to put this difficult period of their lives behind them and move ahead toward a better future. However, moving forward can become impossible if one spouse fails to follow the agreements made in their divorce decree.

The attorneys of Anderson & Associates, P.C., have a great deal of experience dealing with the legal issues that can arise during and after divorce, and we can provide you with the representation you need if your ex-spouse fails to follow the court orders. We will work with you to help you understand your options and advocate for you in court, if necessary.

Common Reasons for Post-Divorce Disagreements

In some cases, spouses may disagree over the interpretation of the language of their divorce decree, but in others, one spouse flagrantly violates a divorce order or fails to follow through on the court's orders. Some examples of this type of violation include:

Enforcement of an Illinois Divorce Decree

Whether an ex-spouse is misinterpreting the terms of a divorce decree, willfully violating a divorce order, or struggling to make their required payments, failure to abide by the terms of a court order is a serious violation. While spouses may be able to resolve these issues between themselves, if one spouse does not meet their court-ordered obligations, it may be necessary to ask that they be held in contempt of court, which could result in fines, jail time, and other consequences, including wage garnishment.

While one party's failure to follow the terms of a divorce decree can be a serious problem, it is important to seek a legal solution rather than attempting to levy other forms of punishment. For example, if one parent is not paying their required child support, the other parent cannot penalize them by restricting their parenting time. Likewise, if a parent is not correctly following their parenting time schedule, the other parent cannot refuse to make child support payments as a result. These actions could also result in being held in contempt of court.

Contact a Tinley Park Family Law Attorney

If you are experiencing any issues with enforcement of a divorce decree or judgment, the skilled attorneys of Anderson & Associates, P.C. can help you understand your options for enforcement, work with you to resolve the issue, and represent you in any contempt of court proceedings. Contact an Orland Park divorce attorney today by calling 708-226-9904 to schedule a free consultation. We provide legal help to clients in Tinley Park, Oak Forest, Homer Glen, Palos Heights, and throughout Cook County and Will County.

Chicago Bar Association DuPage Association of Woman Lawyers Illinois State Bar Association DuPage County Bar Association Northwest Suburban Bar Association
Orland Park Office
Schaumburg Office
Chicago Office
Wheaton Office
Downers Grove Office
Back to Top